|IB Group 4 Internal Assessment Turnitin QuickMarks Marking IA for 2016 Library.qms|
|File Size:||40 kb|
Professional Development for other teachers to use Turnitin (40-60min)
- First, you'll need logins for all staff involved
- Then download the comment banks here (or on the link below) save them into a suitable folder
- Upload the comment banks to your turnitin account (and everyone else needs to do the same)
- Get everyone to crate a class called "Test" in their account
- Get everyone to upload one of the sample unmarked files (click here).
- Mark it on the projector (or you could use an interactive whiteboard if you're quite fancy)
- Get everyone else to have a go at marking the other example in the same category.
If I were to introduce this to a department (or school) again I would:
- Start off with only one year group.
- Start off by in one term only setting two of these projects but assessing the same skill e.g. the Design aspect of the practical (the idea is that the students get to redraft a corrected version of their work, so each assignment takes between three and four weeks in total).
- Ask others in the department to be familiar with the marking rubric before hand.
- Ask others in the department to give it a try only after I was confident in using the system myself
- Have only one teacher login for everyone in the department (not sure if there is a maximum number of classes a teacher can be assigned so might not work). Super useful if a teacher leaves, also makes the whole process much more open and transparent, everyone can see everyone else's marking.